Friday, April 19, 2013

Our walk

Last Saturday my mom and I went on a two hour walk, and it was the best walk of my life! We went into the field beside the walking trail we usually go on, followed a deer trail that led into the woods, and found a secret pond. Near the pond there was some trees that had been chewed down by beavers, and we think we found a beaver print! The prints kind of look like small dog prints. We also heard some frogs and saw some geese and ducks. We saw a new bird called a yellow rumped warbler and there was another bird that I only see at my grammy's. It's called an Eastern Phoebe. It has an interesting way of eating. It does a behavior called hawking in which the bird sits on a branch waiting for an insect to pass by, then it grabs the insect and flies back to the same branch.


This is a hollow tree we found. It has a big hole on one side and a small hole on the other side. 

My hand.

Some deer poop.

A deer track on the trail.

Me walking on the deer trail.

A chewed tree.

Some more deer poop.
Close-up of a chewed tree.


Junk in the forest.

More chewed trees!

The big pond.

Geese in the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment